The histotechnologist will work under minimal supervision and must demonstrate proficiency in all responsibilities of a histotechnologist. S/he will perform routine and non-routine activities involved in the preparation of slides for microscope evaluation by pathologist(s), assume initiative for prompt, accurate performance of test results with appropriate documentation and perform newly introduced tests to the laboratory that require defined skills. S/he must be familiar with CAP/CLIA requirements and knowledgeable with the specialty requirements within those organizations.
- Process and embed skin specimens - Section paraffin-embedded tissue - Prepare reagents, solutions and control slides - Label tissue samples and slides - Perform special stains - Perform immunohistochemistry - Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment - Other assigned duties
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in science
- Certification: HT (ASCP) or HTL (ASCP)
- At least five years of experience as a histotechnician or histotechnologist sectioning paraffin-embedded tissue including skin
- Ability to confidently and rapidly cut and mount high quality tissue sections from skin biopsies
Internal Number: 0100
About Bella Derma
Vail Dermatology, Aspen Dermatology and Breckenridge Dermatology, the high altitude skin care experts, specialize in complete care for the skin, hair, and nails. Board Certified Dermatologists and Certified Physicians Assistant, with years of experience, are available for all of your dermatology needs. Karen Nern, MD, Kelly Williams, MD, Drew Taylor, MD, Winslow Blankenship, MD, Pauline Reohr, MD, Sarah Youngblood, PA-C, Kirsten Kuhn, PA-C, and Claire Mann, RN, BSN, MSN. Each offer clinic hours at Vail Dermatology in Edwards, Aspen Dermatology at Willits, Aspen Dermatology on Spring St. and Breckenridge Dermatology in Frisco. Our general dermatology care includes treatment of skin cancer, rashes, psoriasis, acne, nail conditions and hair loss. In addition to providing the education to help prevent skin cancer, Dr. Nern and Dr. Taylor perform Mohs micrographic skin cancer surgery. Dr. Nern was honored to receive the 2012 and 2013 Patients’ Choice Award.