Responsible for daily activities associated with processing of tissues as received from Dermatological procedures; participation in the education of fellow coworkers; and participation in the quality assurance activities that result from these processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs gross examinations, dissection and description of tissues received.
- Workload is prioritized and managed to meet expected Turn-Around-Time specific specimen requirements.
- Competence is maintained and new skills are added as procedures and technologies change.
- Tissue sampling, gross descriptions and dictations are accurate and according to procedure.
- Gross area procedures are communicated to staff in a clear, concise manner.
- Problems are resolved with appropriate consultation and communication to Lab Manager and Dermatopathologist.
- Demonstrates knowledge of quality, safety and compliance programs.
- Compliance guidelines are applied to testing and reporting activities.
- Chemicals, hazardous wastes and sharps are handled accurately and safely.
- Quality Assurance data is collected and summarized for reporting as needed.
- Suggestions are made for Process Improvement initiatives.
- Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of Dermatopathology protocols.
- Gross manual is updated annually to reflect current methodology, medical staff requests and all federal, state and laboratory accreditation standards.
- Electronic information/data systems are used to accurately access and input tissue sample information and departmental communications.
- Performs area-specific support/clinical activities.
- Accuracy and quality are maintained for activities.
- Specific support functions are handled in an organized and timely fashion.
- Deadlines for activities are met.
- Specific support functions are handled in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Communicates appropriately using good interpersonal skills.
- Positive, professional demeanor is projected through verbal and non-verbal communications.
- Information for patients and staff is delivered in a manner that is supportive, timely and understandable.
- Diverse perspectives are acknowledged; language and behaviors are modeled that build inclusiveness in the work environment.
- Ideas and suggestions are clearly communicated.
- Serves and supports internal and external customers.
- Privacy is maintained at all times for patient and employee information.
- Actions are initiated to meet or exceed customer/co-workers expectations in delivering service. ?
- Appropriate resources throughout the Organization are used consistently to meet customer needs.
- Relationships with staff in other work areas are fostered to meet internal and external customer needs.
- Positive working relationships with peers, management and customers are maintained at all times.
- Change is met with positive, supportive behavior.
- Participates as a team member and is accountable for own work responsibilities.
- Productive work habits are consistently displayed.
- Accountability for actions and decisions is demonstrated in daily work.
- Feedback is solicited and accepted in a positive manner.
- Constructive input is offered to support the work unit.