ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Technical expectations may include, but are not limited to: performing basic necropsy and perfusion techniques, tissue specimen collection and labeling, paraffin and resin tissue processing including embedding, sawing, grinding, microtomy, and slide staining.
- Administrative expectations may include slide, tissue block, and data record generation and organization, as well as laboratory supply and reagent inventory and ordering.
- Generate quality data in compliance with GLP guidelines, document deviations and incidents with supervision, and submit data in a timely manner.
- Perform data collection/quality control.
Education: High school or GED required. Associates (AS) degree in science preferred.
Experience: One year histopathology laboratory experience preferred
Certification/Licensure: Driver’s license, HT or HTL (ASCP) certification preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to perform laboratory procedures, which require, talking, hearing, standing or sitting for long periods of time, entering data into a computer, using appropriate instruments, reaching with hands and arms, working in narrow spaces, and wearing safety equipment (PPE) according to OSHA regulations and company standards
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Work effectively as a team member.
- Flexibility and willingness to perform other related duties as required.
- Animal facility and laboratories with moderate noise possible and exposure to hazardous/noxious devices (e.g., needles, scalpel blades, etc.) and chemicals (e.g., anesthetic gases, formalin, alcohols, xylenes, etc.)
- General office working conditions, with generally quiet noise conditions
- May require occasional duties on weekends and/or holidays.
- May require occasional travel.