As a Histology Tech at Saint Alphonsus Health System, you will responsible for performing technical duties in preparation of surgical, autopsy, and cytology specimens for microscopic examination. You will assist the Pathologist with cutting and staining of tissues for frozen sections as well as performing preliminary gross examination of specimens, under direction of Pathologist, to include gross dictation.
Our ideal candidate will have a functioning knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, chemistry, and physiology. Practical knowledge of enzyme histochemistry and immmunoperoxidase stains as well as a comprehensive knowledge of techniques for processing, embedding, and sectioning tissue specimens. This is a fast-paced position that requires the ability to multi-task while keeping focused on the tasks at hand.
Saint Alphonsus Health System is looking to hire a Histology Tech in Nampa! The Saint Alphonsus Medical Center in Nampa, located at the corner of I-84 and Garrity Boulevard, offers state-of-the-art, best-in-class healthcare to residents of Canyon County. This 100-bed hospital that spans more than 240,000 square feet, features a complete diagnostic center, 6-suite surgical operating theatre, pre/post-operative holding and recovery rooms, 10-bed short stay observation unit, spacious and private patient rooms, and an 18-bed intensive care unit. Built with preventive and ambulatory health in mind, the facility accommodates the latest information technology, updated diagnostic and treatment technology, and an environment proved to reduce patient stress and recovery times.
Associate's Degree in Chemical or Biological Science or Medical Laboratory Technology required. Bachelor's Degree in Chemical or Biological Science or Medical Laboratory Technology preferred.
Certification as RTL/HT (ASCP) (or equivalent) preferred.
Internal Number: 00189544
About Saint Alphonsus Medical Center Nampa
• We are the Region's only Level II Trauma Center located in Boise, Idaho.
• Technology: high acuity specialty ICUs, full-service Heart Institute, & state of the art specialty ORs.
• We are a non-profit, faith-based, multi-specialty healthcare system dedicated to our patient care.
• We offer relocation assistance and sign-on bonuses to qualified candidates.
• We offer full benefits, retirement, education assistance & tuition reimbursement to our colleagues.
• Forbes named Boise #4 on the "Best Places to Retire in 2017"
• We offer an exceptional work-life balance, affordable housing and we experience 4 seasons with recreation just 20+ minutes outside of the Boise capitol.