Histotechnologist Clinical PRN
Dermatology, One Hundred Oaks
Prepares tissue specimens for microscopic examinations and handles the more specialized histo- and immunocyto-chemistry testing within the Department of Anatomic Pathology under occasional guidance; maintains adequate quality control data. Processes specimens for molecular testing. Troubleshoots processes and needed. Responsible for high volume workload and stat requests.
- PRN (As Needed)
- Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 1 year relevant experience
Dermatology is the branch of medicine dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of skin, hair and nails. The field of dermatology has subspecialties including pediatric dermatology, dermatologic surgery, laser and cosmetic dermatology, and dermatopathology, to name a few. Our experts in general dermatology treat common conditions including acne, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea and warts. We also offer care related to cancer -- melanoma and lymphomas -- and cosmetic dermatology. Below is a list of additional services our department specializes in.
* Mohs micrographic surgery
* Pediatric dermatology
* Cosmetic dermatology
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
- Completes daily workload as assigned to include embedding, cutting, staining (including histo and immunocytochemical procedures) and any specific procedures requested by pathologist to support patient diagnosis.
- Performs and documents instrument maintenance; maintains records relating to quality control and other functions.
- Trains and provides direction/support to the Histotechnologists and Histotechnicians.
- Grossly identify tissue for adequacy in the operating room, communicate to Attending/Fellow, divide core and place in appropriate fixatives.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.