Location: Boise, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Boise is seeking a Histologic Tech 2 to join our team.
The Histologic Technician 2 is responsible for performing routine tests in clinical laboratories for use in treatment and diagnosis of diseases. Handles moderately complex issues and problems and possesses solid working knowledge of subject matter. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A general degree of creativity and latitude is required. May act as a mentor/trainer to junior members of team.
- Prepares tissue specimens for routine and special procedures that aid in the confirmation of patient diagnosis.
- Grosses, processes, embeds, cuts and stains surgical, biopsy and anatomical tissues for light and fluorescent microscopic slide review.
- Performs complex histological procedures and analyzes and corrects problems using scientific principles.
- Ensures specimens are properly identified, collected, labeled and stored.
- Performs instrument maintenance according to section procedures.
- Maintains inventory of supplies.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment.
- Follows laboratory policies and procedures in accordance with all regulatory agency requirements.
- Follows department policy maintaining all necessary records and documentation.
- Ensures input is accurate and complete.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: Associate of Science degree or 2 years additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience: 2 years experience.
- Licenses/Certifications: Histologic Tech, (ASCP_HT).
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.