Assists in the supervision of the performance of Histology Laboratory. Procures, prepares, and stains tissue sections. Assists the pathologist in making microscopic diagnoses.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Graduate of a NAACLS accredited Histotechnology Program/ or ASCP Certification as a Histotechnologist or Histotechnician
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): 5 years experience as a Histotechnician or Histotechnologist with experience in Immunohistochemical staining techniques.
3. Management Experience (Years and Area):
4. Equipment Operated: Microtome, Automatic Stainer, Automatic Slide coverslipper, Tissue Processor
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Bilingual Skills Required: No
Writing /Composing (Correspondence/Reports)
2. Other Skills:
Analytical CRT Medical Terms P.C. MS Word MS Excel
3. Other Requirements: a) ASCP Certified as a Histotechnologist or Histotechnician b) One year experience in Immuno Histo Chemistry staining