Location: Dallas TX,
Internal Number: REQ-020023
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
ProPath is a nationwide, physician-led, established, and successful anatomic and clinical pathology group and a member of Sonic Healthcare USA. We are seeking an exceptional Histotech to join our thriving practice. The ProPath practice alone has over 50 physicians and nearly 550 team members while Sonic Healthcare USA has over 300 physicians and nearly 8,000 team members. This is the largest physician-led pathology practice in the country.
Location: Dallas, Texas 75247
Days: Tuesday - Saturday
Time: 7:00 PM - 3:30 AM
Full-time: Benefit Eligible
Our Histotechnologist is responsible for performing routine and non-routine fixing, embedding, mounting, microtome, and staining of tissue sections for microscopic evaluation by pathologists for the establishment and confirmation of patient diagnosis.
- Orient specimens properly while embedding at a departmental rate.
- Cut and mount paraffin sections at a departmental rate. Including, routine, deeper, recuts, and special stains.
- Coverslip slides using the automatic coverslipper or by manual methods.
- Routinely check and verify, using the block/slide tracking system, case numbers match blocks and slides.
- Assist in filing blocks and engraving slides as needed.
- Accurately evaluate specimen orders and enter clinical data/information into a variety of computer systems (i.e. order entry and/or results). Identify any missing or invalid data entry information and take the appropriate action to correct it.
EDUCATION AND KNOWLEDGE:
High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate or Bachelor of Science degree and completion of histotechnology program preferred. Certification as a histotechnician (HT) or histotechnologist (HTL) by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) is preferred.
1-year of experience as a Histotech or training in histologic technique is preferred but, new graduates are welcome. Prefer HT or HTL (ASCP) certification or eligible.
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
Performs repetitive or routine duties working from written procedures with controls. Must have the ability to establish work priorities and to handle several tasks for maximum workstation efficiency. Operate and troubleshoot complex automated equipment.
Sonic Anatomic Pathology
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
3rd Shift (United States of America)
ProPath Services, LLC
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.