The Supervisor of Lab supervises the routine activities of the laboratory or a laboratory section to ensure that staffing is adequate and that tests are performed, recorded, and reported in a timely manner and in accordance with quality standards. Assists with staff hiring, training, performance evaluations, payroll, etc.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
Supervises the work of assigned subordinates engaged in the pre-analytical, analytical, and/or post-analytical phases of testing. Performs all delegated functions as defined by facility CLIA Director.
Prepares schedules, coordinates job assignments, and monitors personnel. Assist in the selection, orientation, training, assignments, evaluations, discipline, and discharge of employees.
Assists in the development of policies and procedures related to the laboratory, staffing, and scheduling.
Communicates and escalates staffing issues or other concerns to management in a timely manner.
Monitors the inventory system to ensure that necessary supplies are available as needed and in the proper quantity.
Assists with implementing quality assurance programs and maintains standards and records that document compliance with regulatory agencies.
Assists with the review of all quality control, proficiency testing, instrument maintenance, and quality assurance records, and any associated corrective action.
Assists with the preparation and monitoring of annual budgets.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
Knowledge of laboratory regulations, protocols and procedures.
Analytical and critical thinking abilities.
Ability to comprehend and communicate instructions.
Ability to perform laboratory protocols and procedures.
Knowledge of safety and infection control standards.
Ability to work in a team environment.
Ability to make tactical decisions around the allocation and direction of the work of supervised employees using established guidelines, policies and/or procedures.
Ability to make effective hiring and termination recommendations.
Ability to train, and evaluate performance of supervised staff.
General computer skills, including but not limited to: Microsoft Office, information security, scheduling and payroll systems, electronic medical documentation, and email.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following - Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits - 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5% - Tuition Reimbursement - PTO accrual beginning Day 1 Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
SIGN ON BONUS $3,000.00 New Hires Only
- LOCATION - BUMC DOWNTOWN DALLAS TX
- SHIFT - Day Monday - Friday 5:00am - 1:30pm with rotating weekend duty
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's or 4 years of work experience above the minimum qualification
- EXPERIENCE - 4 Years of Experience
- PREFERRED EXPERIENCE - Bachelors Degree with MT or MLS Certification. Five years of Laboratory Generalist Experience with previous Supervisory or Lead Tech experience in all areas of the clinical lab. Strong techical ability with good people skills.
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION - ASCP-Cytotechnologist (ASCP-CT), ASCP-Histotechnologist (ASCP-HTL), Cert Histocompatibility (CHS), Cert Hyperbaric Technologist (CHT), Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS), Histotechnician (HT), Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS), Medical Technologist (MT): Must have one of the following: HTL CT CHS CHT CLS HT MLS MT.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!